The ILDES (Lebanese Institute for Economic and Social Integrated development) is a Lebanese association born in 1986. Since 1988, it has a legal status under the Lebanese law on associations.
The ILDES, being an NGO with non-lucrative aim, is interested in the Lebanese population displaced from its places of origin by the wars that devastated Lebanon from 1975 to 1990.
Its mission is to contribute to a return to the conviviality and inter-community life that prevailed in Lebanon before the wars (1975-1990), and which constituted its specificity and its great value.
To fight against rural exodus and emigration of the Lebanese population
To fight against the extension of poverty
- To allow the population to persevere in a just and dignified life
- To act in favor of the economic and social development of the individual and the collectivity alike
- To promote the dialogue among communities
Its future vision is:
- To participate in the creation of regional poles of development.
- To promote, in this frame, a development process respecting the environment.
- To reinforce inter-community life.
This vision will be achieved through the action of the ILDES with Lebanese and international partners. ILDES assures its objectives through various working programs : « sponsoring», « employment office », « health care center », « micro-credits », « vocational training », « regional infrastructure », « orientation and counseling », organization of « seminars on dialogue among communities » and, since the basis of any activity resides in the accurate knowledge of needs and deficiencies, a « studies and research » program occupies an important place within the work of ILDES : studies of regions, feasibility studies of economic projects…